After the successful session on How to Deal with Live Webcasting in Singapore on 5 April, it was time for communicators in Kuala Lumpur to get in front of the camera at the Hong Bao Media Studios!
Review by Mark Laudi, CEO Hong Bao Media
Senior Communications Directors from six organisations came together in the Hong Bao Media studio in Kuala Lumpur and produced a creative, quirky short video at the end of a crash course on in-house video production.
It was all part of the Coaching Day of the Asia Pacific Association of Communications Directors (APACD), and a preview to HBM's 2-day video production course titled "Video Savvy - Video Essentials for Marketers" (see links below).
Over the course of the three hour Coaching Day workshop, we answered participants' queries, which revolved around how to:
- Produce a corporate video, without it looking staged
- Produce better conference highlights videos
- Putting shy presenters at ease
- Reach your audience
- Empower all staff to be story tellers
- Produce training videos
- Strike a balance between corporate and viral videos
We also covered:
1. How to solve the people problem - sometimes there are too few, at other times too many stakeholders involved in the production. We discussed creative and effective ways to solve this problem.
2. How to determine the success of a video - not surprisingly, the number of views or 'likes' is not at the top of the list.
3. The five must-have ingredients in a viral video
4. Picking the right content and presenters
5. Street smarts in picking music and graphics for your video
The workshop had a long waiting list of participants. To attend the next workshop, non-members can either join APACD or contact Hong Bao Media directly for the Video Savvy course.